Friday, December 19, 2008

:)

Earlier this evening, my sister-in-law Najah and her cousin Fameeh, together with Dee's boys Kazim and Abdul Shakur dropped by to pick up my little boy. Hamza's parents seemed to miss the tykes so they "borrowed" their grandkids from their moms so they could spend the night and a day in Las PiƱas before they leave for Bora on Saturday.

It's 1:54am and I'm having a bout with the "missies".

I miss my Raja.


I miss his loud voice.
I miss when he rides his bike inside the house.
I miss how he pleads me to stop tickling him.
I miss how he endlessly questions me with things that come to mind that I sometimes can't think of an answer to give.
"Why is the sky called 'sky'?"
"Why do we live on Earth? Hindi ba pwede sa Saturn?" ("Can't we live on Saturn?")
"Why did you name me Raja?"
"Where does the water go when it goes down the drain?"
"Why do we need money to pay for things?"
"Where did you come from, Ummi (mom)? Did you come from Abi's (dad's) tummy?" *this one got me laughing
"When is your birthday?"
"Why don't we have the same birthday?"
"I'm four now Ummi (mom). You're thirty. You're old." *ouch
"Are stars flashlights in the sky?"

Those were just questions he threw at me today.
Ahhhh.
Questions/statements of a four year-old mind.

I go through that a lot, everyday.
But tonight's different... it's so eerily quiet, even when Hamza's around.
He's sick, by the way... he either has Parotitis or Mumps so I quarantined him in the other room. (eitherway, it's the same). :(

*sigh*
It's just for one night. Get a grip!
I'll see him tomorrow anyways...
Goodnight, Rajaboy.
See you when the "big fire" comes up tomorrow. ;)

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
*MUSLIM * wife * mother * blogger * online shopper * CBTL/Starbucks fan * sweets is my kryptonite *

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream