Friday, November 7, 2008

It's an OBAMA-nation!







It has already been two (or three) days since the recently ended US Presidential Elections, and I am still feeling the buzz of President-Elect Barack Hussein Obama's victory over Sen. John McCain. For months we have been fed with update after update from their nominations to their respective parties as candidates, their campaigns, debates, controversies, personal lives, the campaign for the seat, the actual election, and then Obama's victory and McCain's concession. I quietly celebrated his win as I am not an American, nor do I live in the land of opportunity, but to me, President-Elect Obama's victory does signify a want for a better world. And while I respect Senator McCain with his vast experience and tenure in the political arena, I felt a bit anxious that if he had won, he would be like President Bush who has made blunder after blunder with his corrupt ways and narrow-mindedness, and continue to wage war and whatever else it is that his would have been predecessor had done. I do commend him though, for having conceded in the most gentlemanly fashion and respecting the outcome of the election. Kudos to you, Mister Senator.

With the economic crises USA has been experiencing lately and quite short tenure in in politics (just in comparison to McCain's, okay) , I think Senator Obama has quite a lot on his shoulders when transition takes place on January 20 next year (2009). President Bush has certainly left him with a big mess. Sorry, I'm really not a fan of that redneck, same goes to his father when he was president back in the nineties. :P I guess America has grown tired of their old ways, and they knew what options they had there. I say they chose wisely. And with Democrats taking majority of the seats in the Senate and the House, Pres. Obama will probably be getting a lot of help too.

President-Elect Obama's win against Senator McCain is an historic event for America and the rest of the world that our generation is able to witness. It was a David and Goliath battle of sorts, and David came on top. An African American winning the top political seat of the country, of the world probably, is not just some small feat--it is an achievement, an event not to be missed considering their history. When I think of that, I feel overwhelmed, jubilant and privileged to have been part of this age that doing the impossible is possible. Perhaps the people felt that change has come. This turn of event has given me hope that good things could still happen in spite of difficulties and turmoil. May this experience cause a chain of positive reactions, not only for America, but for the rest of the world.

Congratulations, President Barack Hussein Obama!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
*MUSLIM * wife * mother * blogger * online shopper * CBTL/Starbucks fan * sweets is my kryptonite *

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream