Monday, September 15, 2008

Eclipse (Stephenie Meyer)


I was supposed to post this and the last installment of the saga earlier, but I got too engrossed with my other blogs that I forgot to put these on Blogger.

The third of the Twilight Saga, I rank Eclipse as third favorite of the four books in the series. In the story, Seattle was plagued with mysterious murders which t urned out to be vampire killings initiated by Victoria who was actually building an army to avenge the death of her mate, James. Once again, faces danger as she is hunted by newborn vampires. But a greater conflict arises when her best friend Jacob reveals his true feeling for her, and she, too, finds herself in love with him.

The love triangle for me was a bit unneccesary, but it makes for a good fictional plot–a human torn in love between a beautiful vampire and a werewolf (who’s actually a shape-shifter),and it is a love story after all. I found Bella a bit greedy in this book–she loves Edward, but she wouldn’t let go of Jacob; Jacob, a bit pushy; Edward, beautiful as ever (sorry for being biased!). But she’s human after all, so I guess there’s the excuse for such. Oh, just get the darned copy, ok? I swear, it’s worth every penny. :)

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
*MUSLIM * wife * mother * blogger * online shopper * CBTL/Starbucks fan * sweets is my kryptonite *

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream