Friday, September 19, 2008

45 Random Facts About Jodi

1. My name is Johannah.

2. My nickname is Jodi, derived from the first syllables of my name JOhannah and my (former/maiden) surname, DIron. It still applies though, my family name now is DImaporo. How about that?! :)

3. I am thirty years old. — I think it’s hilarious at times when people think I’m in my teens. But I also find it utterly annoying at times when people think I’m in my teens. Haha. Repetitive, much? Baby faced? I think. Vertically challenged? Blame it on the genes. Bwahahaha.

4. I am Muslim. Technically, I am three-fourths Muslim, and a quarter Christian. My maternal grandmother, Esther hails from Narvacan, Ilocos Sur, and Lolo Lindy is full-blooded Maranao, so my mom’s a mestiza. Lola’s reverted to Islam though (her Muslim name is Mariam), and we’ve never thought of ourselves as anything but Muslim. So there.

5. I am a wife and a mother of one. Our neighbors here in Manila initially thought that Hamza was my older brother and Raja, our bunso. Harhar!

6. I should have been a mother of two, but things happen for a reason…

7. I love family gatherings. ‘Nuff said.

8. I wished I had continued playing the piano. Maybe if I did so I would’ve been really good with it by now. I can still widow, though.

9. I am trying to get over my obsession with Havaianas. Maybe I’ll stop when I get my last batch of orders from abroad. Have to stay away from Multiply more often! Hmm… Anyone wanna buy them? :D

10. I’d like to start collecting cameras now. Not digicams. They’re too generic.

11. I started writing when I was in the sixth grade. I had journals and wrote essays, articles in the school paper in high school and college. I’m still so into writing. :) Big thanks to Mrs. Berran (PWU-JASMS) and Ms. Abueva (DCFI), my English teachers, for inspiring me to write.

12. I used to be a text addict.

13. Texting in StIcKy CAps is not and never was my style.

14. I don’t text using short cut either.

15. I love sweets. I love pastries. It’s a tie for me between chocolate bars and cakes. But I’m not so much into ice cream. :D

16. I used to feel nauseated with the aroma of coffee. But I’m starting to like it now; I’ve even gone as far as to drinking it. My husband is ecstatic with that development. HAHAHA!

17. I don’t like it when bands change their sound to make their music more mainstream just so they could have more fans. That’s artistic suicide.

18. I get really irritated with people who copy other people’s stuff. Plagiarism is punishable by law.

19. I want to have a pet… maybe some fish or a pair of African love birds. I had a cat with “odd eyes” (one blue, one yellow), but he ran away (found a mate).

20. I can live without a cellphone. I’ve tried it… it’s quite liberating, actually. :)

21. I put my thoughts to words in ink better than in speech. Obvious much?

22. My hair is long and straight…and past my waist already. :D

23. I don’t scare easily, nor do I get irked by yucky stuff right away.

24. I have a habit of walking around the house at ungodly hours (told you I can’t sleep).

25. I also like it a lot when I have the house to myself.

26. I am unofficially obsessive-compulsive.

27. I procrastinate. I like playing things crunch. It gives me an adrenaline rush.

28. I graduated with a degree in Psychology.

29. I love giving out Psychological tests and analyzing their answers.

30. I miss taking REAL Psychology exams myself.

31. I want to learn Rorschach. Calling the attention of Ma’am Agda, I believe you owe us a couple of sessions? :)

32. Sleep is something that is a bit alien to me. Maybe I was a vampire in a past life. HAHAHAHA!

33. When I do get to sleep, I do not move–I sleep and wake up in the same position. Hamza and my family can attest to that. I can probably sleep in a four-inch wide bench and not fall.LOL

34. I like having the comforter cover me from my head down to my feet. Yes, including my face. Weird. I know, I know.LOL

35. I’m a movie freak.My family and I love watching movies on the big screen. I love movie channels also. Tune me in to any movie channel and throw away the remote, I won’t mind. I can name which movies the actors/actresses acted in in their past films.

36. I have high tolerance for physical and emotional pain.

37. I definitely detest rodents! YUCK!

38. Lifestyle Network is one of my favorite channels.

39. I wish Ina Garten could adopt me. I just love her and her show. :D

40. I am absolutely looking forward to the dates November 17, 21 and 30.

41. I have regretted the times when I stopped school. I could have been a doctor by now. Blech.

42. I splurge a lot buying stuff online. Another habit I have to break. :(

43. Currently thinking if I should go home to the province or to Las PiƱas for Qutba.

44. I’d really like to go back to school. But there are also other things I want to do… I’m still weighing my options.

45. I fear death and the afterlife. What we have here right now is very temporary. If you are getting everything that you want now… do you think you’ll still be in the same predicament in the akhira? I think not. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Friendster blog post, published September 16, 2008

http://pattycake.blog.friendster.com/2008/09/45-random-facts-about-jodi/

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
*MUSLIM * wife * mother * blogger * online shopper * CBTL/Starbucks fan * sweets is my kryptonite *

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream