Saturday, August 23, 2008

Twilight (Stephenie Meyer)



I've been absent in the literary field for quite a long time; I believe the last series of books I read were those of Dan Brown's, and J.K. Rowling's, aside from the Psychology articles and books that I browse through every now and then.


I first learned of the series from my friend, Toie, who is so into it, and then later from an online buddy, Reisha, who's also a big fan. When I found out that hollywood had made a movie out of the book (which will be shown on NOVEMBER 21st and not December 12 as primarily scheduled), I had decided to give it a go; I was getting more and more curious of the characters Bella and Edward, but I didn't want to check out the author's site for fear of spoilers... I did, later on, though (i couldn't resist!), and it only made me want to grab copies of the books, a.s.a.p.


I just finished reading the first of the series, Twilight, which I bought and started on late last night. I'm so glad they had the hardback editions here in Cagayan de Oro, I bought Twilight and New Moon right away! They didn't have the hardback editions of Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. I had read all of 498 pages plus more in less than a day! It wasn't surprised with my hunger to finish one page after the other... it was too good a book to put down, I swear. And just like all the other girls, I am in love with Edward! *sigh* (I hope my hubby doesn't read this!LOL) I love all the characters, but Edward, most especially... he is simply to die for ([no] pun intended)!


What about the rest of my review?I'm leaving it at this. Find out for yourselves why I was able to finish the whole thing in less than a day.:)


Get your copies, girls... best to read before the movie comes out!


I'm out, I'm starting on New Moon tonight!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
*MUSLIM * wife * mother * blogger * online shopper * CBTL/Starbucks fan * sweets is my kryptonite *

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream