Saturday, November 17, 2007

11.17.07


Dear Hamza,

Another year has passed. At least for both of us. It has been a year of trials and errors, of difficulties, of sacrifices. We've gone through a lot but we didn't falter.What we have together is a lot stronger than we think. Technically, the paper says we're four years old. But in our hearts, it has been far longer than that. And it's still you and me.

There have been times in our earlier years that giving up and letting go is the easy way out. But as the cliche goes, 'it is easier said than done.' There were minor glitches, people who objected, but in the end, it all turned out okay. More than ok, we both thought. And we were blessed with a son, a son we both dote on and love so much. And then another came, but he was taken away before we even saw his face. That was perhaps, the most difficult time for us. But we're still together. Stronger than ever.

The years after that seemed to have passed by like a breeze. Just like any family who go through the motions of ups and downs, we had ours, and we've braved it all. I know there are those who think that we're just taking things easy, but we know better.;) It's been one hell of a ride. But as long as you're on my side, let it roll, let it slide!

Thanks hunny, for all the good and bad memories. The funny moments that we've shared, the serious talks we've had. Our petty fights and big arguments that I so thankfully say were few! Thanks for letting me keep your secrets, as you have mine, the jokes that we two only know, our share of big appetites and "this-is-my-last-harabas-meal-i'll-do-that-diet-thing-tomorrow", our love for movies, and dvds and dvdrips, and our movie marathons that end up into foodtrips in the kitchen and sharing childhood stories.

Thanks for having the patience in my sloth-like ways, my short fuses that go off any time, any day, my sudden bursts of craziness which I myself do not know where they come from. Thank you for loving my cooking and my oc-ness, my ability to find your things when they're right in front of you or otherwise, and my silly collection of flipflops that you too are starting to like.

I also would like to thank you for cheering me up on days I feel down, for turning my scowls into grins, and for making me laugh when I don't even want to smile. Thanks for the jokes, the corny and cheesy gestures, the funny dance moves only you can pull off, and for the "poppin!" songs I will never forget.

Thanks for all the flowers, the cakes, cards and gifts, expensive or not, immaterial and material alike. They all mean alot to me and will treasure them forever, dried petals and all.

Thank you for pointing out my mistakes and helping me correct them, for accepting my other flaws and personal issues which I am still trying to overcome, for the times when I cannot understand myself and for loving my scars as these help me become the person I am. For all of these and a whole lot more, thank you.

Lastly, thank you for coming into my life, for sharing yours with mine and for giving me Raja as these are gifts that have made me complete.

Happy 4th Anniversary!

I love you.

Forever yours,

Jodi.



0 comments:

About Me

My photo
*MUSLIM * wife * mother * blogger * online shopper * CBTL/Starbucks fan * sweets is my kryptonite *

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream