Wednesday, December 28, 2005

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

it was movie night at home(don't remember exactly when) and hamza and i decided to watch "In Her Shoes", which i'm pretty sure the rest of the world has already seen (woe is me!). it was a good movie, despite its running time (about 2 hours--pretty long, but i'm cool with it). i liked how the two sisters' lives changed--slow but sure, subtle, but there. sometimes, you really do have to go out on your own to discover yourself...not rely on anyone or anything all the time... you don't really see the change in you until the other person's seen it. anyway, before i turn this into a movie analysis (as if i'm some expert critic), i'm gonna share with you the poem by e.e. cummings that maggie read to rose on her wedding day. it got me all teary-eyed for some reason... i guess it was the way it was read...or how rose was touched with maggie's gesture...but i have to admit i get like that even if it was just a 'touching' tv commercial(!).

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

-e.e.cummings




0 comments:

About Me

My photo
*MUSLIM * wife * mother * blogger * online shopper * CBTL/Starbucks fan * sweets is my kryptonite *

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream