Friday, October 19, 2007

Blind Item

I was waiting for Hamza to pick me up from the dental clinic the other day when I got an unexpected surprise from a friend. It usually only takes about five to ten minutes for him to get there even when he's coming from Crossings at Sct. Borromeo/Panay Ave., but today, he was taking extra long. When I inquired about athe delay, he said he was with a friend, and they'll be picking me up. Imagine my glee when I saw him. Dang, I haven't seen him for ages! He and I met way, way before I even knew Hamza, which I think dates back in high school; we were schoolmates in college, and now, he's friends with my hunnybunchkins and the cousins.

"Mataan (it's like saying "I swear"), you haven't changed the day I met you in high school," he said. "What is it that you do?" I didn't know whether to take it as an insult or as a compliment at first, but I took the latter. High school meant about fifteen-seventeen years ago, and if I look that youthful even at my age (I'm twenty-nine), with a hubby and kid to boot, I think I might be doing something good!*laughs*

We went to Starbucks Timog for some coffee. He and Hamza were actually supposed to have some before picking me up, but my appointment ended earlier than scheduled, so I tagged along even though I don't take the hot, caffeineted drink; I'm not gonna pass up the chance to have some of their yummy treats!

So, we talk. And Hamza breaks the news. Our friend here might be coming out on a tv show that's like one of those aired in the States. It'll be aired sometime next month in one of the sister stations of this giant tv network. He said it's not yet sure that he's going to get in, but I think he's a shoe-in. The exciting part of this contest is that the winner gets the chance to go to the USA and join THE show. You know, the one whose logo is that of a silhouette of a man, running with a briefcase on one hand? Yes. That's it.

Now, as to who this friend is... All I can say is that he's everybody's friend. I'll let you know who he is when the show starts to air on channel *bleep!*.



0 comments:

About Me

My photo
*MUSLIM * wife * mother * blogger * online shopper * CBTL/Starbucks fan * sweets is my kryptonite *

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream